We invite you to submit abstracts for The 18th Israel Materials Engineering Conference (IMEC-18).
Abstracts Submission Deadline: November 12, 2017
Abstract Submission Information
The official language of IMEC-18 is English. All presenters are kindly asked to prepare themselves accordingly.
- Abstracts may be submitted for poster or oral presentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English using the online Abstract Submission Form link (on the bottom of this page).
- Notifications on the status of submitted abstracts will be sent to the presenting author by November 26, 2017.
- Registration of the presenting author is mandatory. In order to ensure inclusion in the program and in the conference publications, the presenting author is required to register no later than December 14, 2017.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference website.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Before starting the abstract submission process please read the following instructions and make sure to complete all abstract submission sections.
Personal Details of Presenting Author
- Insert full contact details of the presenting author, in Title Case (Upper and Lower Case).
- The name of the presenting author will automatically show as the first author.
- Insert only the names of the additional authors, in the order that they should appear in the abstract. You will be able to use the edit option to change the order of the presenting author, or other co-authors, if needed).
- Insert full first name and full last name of all authors, in Title Case.
- Insert institution name, Department, City (State, if applicable) and Country and check the box of each author associated to that institution.
- Make a separate entry for each institution. Do not repeat identical institution details if they apply to more than one author.
- Text should be in Title Case.
- Do not abbreviate Department, Institute, University, etc.
- In the department field, list “Department of….” if relevant, as only the words you insert, will show on the abstract.
Select from the following:
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
- Invited lecture (to be selected only by those who were invited by the organizers)
Select on the Abstract Form one of the following topics that most closely relates to your presentation.
- Additive Manufacturing
- Advanced Characterization
- Amorphous Systems
- Ceramics and Composite Materials
- Computational Materials
- Functional Materials
- Materials for Energy
- Mechanical Properties
- Phase Diagrams
- Physical Metallurgy
- Processes and Radiation Damage
- Steels and Alloys
- Surfaces and Corrosion
Limited to 25 words. Use CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Limited to 275 words including references (fewer if a figure/table is included).
- Abbreviations must be defined upon first use and avoided in the title.
- Copy & paste your abstract into the abstract area or type it in directly.
- Images, tables may be uploaded in JPG, GIF or, PNG format. Please note that each image included equals to approx. 35 words. Images should be of up to 500kb.
- Most important: proofread your abstract and insert/format special characters that were not saved in the copy & paste process. You should then click “Submit”.
After you click SUBMIT, a system “End Message” will indicate that the abstract was successfully submitted. You will then be able to “Preview” your abstract and use the update link to revise it, if needed. In this case, you should click SUBMIT again. No acknowledgement will be sent after updating the abstract.
E-mail Acknowledgement & Abstract Number
Shortly after submitting your abstract, you will receive by e-mail an automatic detailed Submission Acknowledgement with your abstract number. It will also include a link to access your abstract, to view or update it, if needed.
The abstract submission system is designed to run on many internet browsers, but we recommend that you use the latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer (v.11 / v.10), Google Chrome 5, or Firefox (v3.6 or better).
Contact for Abstract Submission Issues
Diesenhaus-Unitours Incoming Tourism Ltd.
Tel: +972-3-5651345, +972-3-5651313